3 Cozy Holiday Drink Recipes
The holiday season is a time for joy, celebration, and indulging in delightful flavors that warm the heart. We invite you to elevate your festive gatherings with these 3 holiday recipes. These beverages are crafted to be the perfect companions to your seasonal celebrations. So grab your favorite mug, cuddle up with a cozy holiday blanket, and make these drinks to enjoy with the entire family.
SPARKLING ROSEMARY SPRITZ
This Sparkling Rosemary Spritz is a great drink for anyone looking for a refreshing drink to serve with all their favorite holiday foods.The fresh lemon juice and rosemary sprigs adds a zesty kick, while the sparkling water brings a refreshing crisp to every sip. It’s a simple yet sophisticated way to toast to the festive season.
Serving Size: 2
- 6 oz sparkling water
- 2 oz elderflower syrup
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 rosemary sprig
- Lemon wheel, for garnish
*Optional Alocholic Option: 2 oz gin
- In a glass elderflower syrup and lemon juice. *Optional to add gin to this step.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Top with sparkling water and gently stir.
- Hit the rosemary sprig between your hands to release its aromatic oils and place it in the glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
COZY HOT CHOCOLATE
We created the ultimate cozy verision of this holiday classic. Rich and velvety, this cocoa combines the creaminess of whole milk with the sweetness of cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate chips. It's the perfect companion for chilly evenings and your favorite holiday movie.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together milk, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips until fully melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs.
- Optionally - top with whipped cream and mini marshmallows, and dust with cocoa powder for an extra touch.
CITRUSY ORANGE APPLE CIDER
This citrus-infused cider is the perfect recipe for anyone looking for a spiced holiday drink! Apple cider, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, and cloves come together for a taste that adds a little spice to your holiday cheer.
Serving Size: 8
- 10-12 apples (mix of tart and sweet apples like Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Wash and roughly chop the apples, including the peels and cores.
- Add the sliced orange to the chopped apples. Tie the cinnamon sticks and whole cloves in a cheesecloth or place them in a spice bag.
- Place the chopped apples, orange slices, and the bundled spices in a large pot. Add enough water to cover the ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Mash the softened apples with a potato masher or the back of a spoon to release more flavor. Let the cider continue to simmer for another 1-2 hours. Once the apples are thoroughly cooked, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into another pot or large bowl. Press the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Return the strained liquid to the heat and stir in brown sugar. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste preference. Allow it to simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes to let the flavors meld.